My name is Anthony and I write a pretty good daily technology newsletter

Hello! My name is Anthony and as you can tell from this blog, I like to write about computers. I like writing about computers so much that I publish a daily email newsletter called The Sizzle. It is Australia’s favourite technology related newsletter, sent out daily to over 1,200 paying subscribers. It is my full time job and I reckon if you like the content here, you will absolutely love The Sizzle.

As a young computer janitor, I saw my older colleagues constantly unaware of the latest website, trend, application, meme, technology and so on. It was embarrassing for them and frustrating for me. As I got older I saw more and more of my friends, who used to be up to date with all this stuff, also fall out of the loop as things like family, increased workloads and general life got in the way. I started The Sizzle back in October 2015 as a way to help my mates keep up to date with the fast paced technology scene.

Every day I trawl through thousands of RSS feeds to find the most relevant tech news and summarise it in a few hundreds words. I pick the 3 relevant stories that everyone is talking about and distil them into a quick, entertaining read. Many Sizzle subscribers have found being able to drop busy RSS feeds and reduce their social media use results in more time for things they care about, but still having enough knowledge so they’re not totally oblivious to the world around them.

There’s plenty of newsletters that claim to do this, but none are designed for Australians. Ex-pats like the Aussie slang they miss from home and foreigners appreciate the no bullshit take that Australians are famous for. I write it as if I’m down at the pub talking with my mates about this bastard of a technology industry we all simultaneously love and hate. I’m not a journalist, I’m a nerd like you that’s just figuring everything in this crazy world out as we drift along, talking shit as it happens.

The Sizzle isn’t yet another Substack newsletter. I made my own email platform because I didn’t like how they all track whatever you click. There’s no ads because I hate ads. There’s no affiliate links because they’re just ads in disguise. Unsubscribing is obvious and easy. Cancelling a subscription is a single click and refunds for unused credit are instant. I operate business side of The Sizzle from the perspective of a customer - treating you how I’d like to be treated.

Here’s a random sample of feedback from the biggest collection of tightarses in Australia - OzBargain.

Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 6.08.53 pm

Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 6.09.16 pm

Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 6.09.34 pm

Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 6.10.40 pm

Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 6.13.15 pm

If I can convince that group of cheapskates to pay me, you know The Sizzle is good.

If you’d like to give The Sizzle a shot, visit https://thesizzle.com.au and pop in your email address for a 30-day free trial. No credit card needed, so you won’t get billed when the trial is up!

There’s also an archive of the 1700+ issues I’ve sent, if you’re still afraid to trust me with your email address. I hope you like it :slight_smile: